Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Art of Collecting Art

Having been an artist myself and always following certain Artists, collecting art was always a dream. Trading art was always more tangible, but that would involve friends and peers most likely in your same genre. Although if i would have cared more in my early days i might be sitting on a small fortune if i would have reached out to friends of friends, or artists i had met at shows. So many of my peers have taken off and become solid collectible artists.

So running across this article brought me back to thinking about collecting art. Now with most my days filled with paperwork and the need to maintain my work. I still have a want to collect Now more than ever, especially while i might have some extra money to invest. So where does one start.

Here is the Article i ran across a great read. New York Times Article on Collecting Art

No comments: