Friday, November 23, 2007

Introduction

Well let me introduce myself for those that might not know me. My real name is Art, and I also go by the Name of Poesia as an Artist. As you will see in the coming posts, you will see the dual personalities that I live with each day and fight with constantly. The daily life of a Business Man who owns and operates a successful Real Estate and Mortgage company in The Bay area. I have always been an artist, but about 5 years ago I was faced with the realization that I needed to decide would continue the struggle as an artist or make an attempt at getting a job.

Well I chose to give work a try and look after my family by building a career. It wasn’t easy to leave something that I had loved since I can remember. But my son was growing up fast, and my parents would soon need support. I promised myself that I would take this opportunity to make enough money to become an artist later in life. I would postpone the dream, till I accomplished financial stability.

Well at this point in my life, I accomplished that a couple years ago and then some. I have now recently been faced with the constant struggle to keep up with my materialistic needs, forgetting the promise I made to myself. Driving in a Ferrari vs. taking time to paint something.

Today I am at another important time in my life, where I will decide to scratch the itch of art that recently has been constant, or continue to build wealth and be a slave to my possessions. I hope through this blog and other internet outlets I can make the right decision.

No comments: